For All Your Tech Needs
Our CYA IT Support staff are there to offer technical assistance and provide a wide variety of services to make life easier for you during your time studying here. The CYA IT Help Desk is located on the third floor of the Academic Center and is on duty throughout the week during class hours.
- Troubleshooting your computer when it is not functioning properly (both hardware and software)
- Helping you communicate with manufacturers, if necessary
- Assisting with printing and scanning at CYA
- Setting up presentations during or outside of class time
- Electrical plug adapters can be purchased from the IT Help Desk
The Computer Lab is located or the 3rd floor of the Academic center and is open during school hours. Here you will have access to desktop computers and printing facilities. All computers are equipped with the following programs:
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher)
- Adobe Reader
- Internet Explorer
- Google Chrome
At the start of the semester you will receive a 400 page allowance of free printing in the Computer Lab. If you experience problems with a printer, scanner or copier, inform IT Support as soon as possible, and they will resolve any failed print jobs or other printing related issue.
Wireless access is available throughout the CYA Academic Center and Classroom Building. All the student apartments have wireless connections.
Each classroom is equipped with a computer, projector, and DVD player. It is possible to use your personal laptop with our AV system. However, we do not carry VGA adapters for Mac laptops, so be sure to provide your own.
Prior to your arrival in Athens, make sure you are successfully receiving emails from CYA, so you can stay informed about any necessary steps before arriving! If you do not receive emails from CYA:
- Check your Junk Mail folder and set emails from ‘@cyathens.org’ and ‘@dikemes.edu.gr’ as Safe Senders in your email options
- If using a school-issued email address, contact your home university to see if they have blocked either of our email addresses
- Laptop, charger, operating system installation discs
- Tablet, MP3 player, eBook, and their chargers
- Camera, extra memory card, extra battery, and charger, external hard drive, USB sticks
- Cables (USB) for devices, VGA adapters, memory stick adapters
- Check voltage requirements on your appliances to see if they need a voltage converter. Most laptop chargers and other technological devices do not require a voltage converter. American electronics will require a European plug adapter
- Update your computer’s programs and drivers (wireless, sound, mouse, etc.)
- Back up your computer’s documents and files