Spring is truly a wonderful time to be in Greece!
The countryside is filled with the colors and sweet scents of blossoms. The entire population seems to be out celebrating and enjoying not only the fine weather but also all holidays occuring in spring. First there are weeks of Carnival festivites, followed by Clean Monday, the Greek Orthodox Easter Holy Week, Greek Independence Day and finally May Day giving spring semester students the opportunity to experience firsthand some some of the most important traditions of Greek culture.
STUDY TRAVEL - a few ideas for spring field trips
- Tiryns & Learna
- Franchthi Cave
- Ancient Olympia
- Ancient Delphi site and musuem
- Picturesque village of Arachova
- Byzantine Monastery of Ossios Loukas Monastery.
- Roman – Byzantine Thessaloniki
- Thematic walks in Thessaloniki:
- The Jewish Museum and Bey Hamam
- Ladadika and the Port of Thessaloniki
- Byzantine Museum and the White Tower
- The Thessaloniki International Fair, the Macedonian Museum of Contemporary Art and Aristoteles’ Square
- Pella archaeological museum & site
- Lefkadia Tomb
- Vergina: Aigiai & tombs
- Historical town of Ambelakia near Larrisa
- A winery